This entry level workshop will cover the fundamentals of dairy cow nutrition with a practical focus on optimising the performance of milking cows fed temperate forages.
Dr Brad Granzin, Executive Officer of Subtropical Dairy and Consulting Scientist from Australasian Dairy Consultants, will facilitate a one-day workshop focusing on the basics of dairy cow nutrition.
The workshop will begin with a morning theory session covering the following topics:
- The major nutrients required for milk production and dairy cow maintenance;
- An overview of the cow's digestive tract and how it absorbs and processes key nutrients.
This will be followed by a practical session after lunch focusing on:
- Some key aspects to achieve maximum performance from cows fed temperate forages such as annual ryegrass over winter and early spring;
- Monitoring your herd for indicators of nutrition problems;
- Balancing diets;
- And a question and answer session.
This workshop is a great introduction to dairy cow nutrition science and practices. It is also a great refresher for honing your nutrition skills.
Tuesday 15th May
9.30am start through to 2.30pm
19 Cudgery St, Dorrigo
10th May to Alicia Richters
PH: 0427 916 650
Morning tea and lunch will be provided.
Free - This workshop is funded by your levy, Dairy Australia and Subtropical Dairy.