At the end of 2017, Dairy Australia delivered Farm Safely Starter Kit Workshops in most Subtropical Dairy regions. This short workshop showed dairy farmers a practical, easy-to-use resource that is available to start a Farm Safety System or improve their existing system.
Following on from this workshop, Dairy Australia have now developed the Farm Safety Manual Workshop. The Farm Safety Manual allows users to build a comprehensive Farm Safety System. It covers legal and practical requirements for 14 key safety topics for the farm. The Farm Safety Manual Workshop is a follow-on from the Farm Starter Safety Kit Workshop.
At the workshop, what you can expect?
- How to use the Farm Safety Manual – you will be given one to take home
- Getting started using 2-3 topics chosen by the audience
- Access policies, self-assessments and other Word templates which you can modify and use in your business
- A Farm Safety Expert in attendance to answer the ‘curly’ questions.
Each workshop will cover two topics that are most relevant to the group. The options are:
- Quads and Motorbikes
- Farm Chemicals
- Fixed Plant
- Working with Livestock
Please advise which two of the above topics you would like covered when you RSVP.
After the workshop
The Farm Safety Manual will take a fair bit of time to build and requires a few little nudges and incentives along the way to keep it going! So we will:
- Follow up in 1-2 months after the workshop to see how you are going – do you need some assistance?
- We can support small farmer groups to meet monthly to encourage and help each other
- Supply a Dairy Safely – Home Safely sign for your farm gate when you have covered 10 topics.
For more information on Dairy Australia's Dairy Safely, Home Safely - click here
Details about the event
Tuesday 5th June 2018
10.00am - 2.00pm (Morning tea from 9.30am)
253 Sextonville Road, Casino NSW
Wednesday 30th May 2018
Alicia Richters - 0427 916 650 or email@example.com
$0 - this event is bought to you courtesy of Subtropical Dairy and Dairy Australia.
Morning tea and lunch provided.